Computer Aided Design or CAD is the important aspect of the garment industry. IT is the essential and inseparable tool for making vivid patterns and handling allied jobs in the manufacturing unit. Apart from accuracy and efficiency, CAD software for garment industry brings several qualitative improvements as well.
In fact, it brings a revolutionary change in the manufacturing and export business of apparels in India. With computer-aided tools, it becomes pretty simple to produce attractive and lucrative garments for the fashion industry.
As the market becomes further competitive and customer-centric, it is furthermore important to incorporate new-age technology to enhance the manufacturing process.
Benefits of CAD in a garment unit
As far as benefits are concerned, they are quite a few. Here are some key benefits that make CAD relevant.
- It brings down the valuable time required for designing of apparels. When it is done manually, it is not possible to achieve timelines and variety. CAD makes it simple and effective.
- You can store, transmit and transport design data easily and quickly as it is in the digital form.
- The process of design gets free from the limitation of time and space. As the design specs are available anytime and anywhere, modification becomes simple.
- Digital data can be stored in computer systems. Hence, it doesn’t require physical space to save design specifications.
- There is no need of producing design swatches or different colors. They can be seen virtually by selecting the relevant color or fabric type in the CAD system.
- Personalization and customization of design become a matter of few clicks.
- There is no delay in producing designs, and you can complete all projects before the deadline.
CAD software for garment industry is the modern way of running an apparel manufacturing unit. You can’t remain away from technological enhancement. It is part of the evolution and development process.
Are they expensive and too much technical?
Well, some people feel that using CAD system requires a lot of technical knowledge. It is not the reality. CAD is pretty easy to use. It is simple and user-friendly.
You need to put some money for implementing in the organization, but it gets recovered very soon. When your business becomes highly efficient, the bottom lines come under control.
As it becomes further popular, operating costs are coming down making it economically feasible. Finding skilled people to operate CAD no longer remains an issue.
CAD software for garment industry brings additional applications for apparels; most of the garment industry uses the CAD software for obtaining the varieties of design.